By using Yahoo, you agree that we and our partners may set cookies for purposes such as customising content and advertising.

  • Posh And Becks ‘To Live Apart For Six Months’

    David and Victoria Beckham will reportedly spend more than six months of 2016 apart due to their separate work commitments.

    Yahoo Celebrity UK
  • 16 celebrities who forgot they were at the Grammys

    And basically wore the most outrageous outfits they could find...

    Cosmopolitan q
  • British Tourist Refused Entry To Thailand After Using Passport As Toilet Paper

    A woman’s holiday plans were ruined after Thai authorities refused to let her into the country - because she’d used her passport as toilet paper. Faye Wilson had hoped to spend a month in Thailand before heading to Australia to work for a year. Faye, 28, from the Lake District, said: “Thai immigration opened my passport and started looking through it, and asked ‘what’s happened here’?

    Jane Howdle
  • Premier League - Seven things which will happen when Mourinho becomes Manchester United manager

    Jose Mourinho's appointment, the papers claim, is a done deal. And if that's true, then it's just a matter of time before all these things happen too...

    Eurosport
  • Euro Papers: Liverpool plot summer bid for Real Madrid ace

    Catalan paper Sport believe Liverpool are primed to move for Real Madrid misfit Jese Rodriguez – while there’s a monster offer for Dani Alves…

    Eurosport Videos - UK
  • Sir Terry Wogan laid to rest in private funeral

    The funeral service for Sir Terry Wogan has taken place with just a small group of family members and close friends in attendance. In a statement released on Friday, the BBC confirmed: "Sir Terry Wogan's funeral will take place next week. "Terry truly was a national treasure," he said.

    hello!
  • ‘World’s Heaviest Teenager’ Finally Walks After Dropping 700 Lbs.

    At his highest weight, Khaled Mohsen Al Shaeri weighed 1,345 lbs. and hadn’t left his bed for three years. In 2013, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia ordered that he be hospitalized for treatment. Since then, Shaeri — now in his early 20s — has lost 700 lbs., and anew video, posted to YouTube Tuesday (garnering almost 48,000 views), shows him walking for the first time in years. 

    Melissa Walker
  • Is Liam Neeson Dating Kristen Stewart? Rumour Mill Continues To Go Into Overdrive About Taken Actor’s ‘Famous’ Girlfriend

    Internet gossip has predictably been ramped up since Liam Neeson announced he has found love again with an “incredibly famous” woman. Now fans have been speculating she is Kristen Stewart. The rumour mill about the Taken star, 63, went into overdrive this week after Liam revealed he has found love again with an “incredibly famous” woman.

    Yahoo Celebrity UK
  • The new Top Gear team is six men and one woman - and Twitter is not impressed

    Women are 46% of the driving population but 14.3% of the Top Gear presenting team.

    SNAPPA
  • British Child 'Blows Up Car Of Spies' In Latest ISIS Video

    The so-called Islamic State (IS) has released a new video purportedly showing a young British boy blowing up a car and killing three prisoners inside. The boy, who is thought to be four-year-old Isa Dare, is apparently shown with his hand on the detonator before shouting "Allahu Akbar", next to the burnt wreckage, the Press Association reports. It is the second IS propaganda film believed to show the youngster, who has been identified as the son of Muslim extremist Grace "Khadija" Dare from Lewisham, south-east London.

    Huffington Post q
  • Russia raises spectre of interminable or 'world war' if Syria talks fail

    By John Irish MUNICH (Reuters) - Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev raised the spectre of an interminable or a world war if powers failed to negotiate an end to the conflict in Syria and warned against any ground operations by U.S. and Arab forces. Medvedev, speaking to Germany's Handelsblatt newspaper on the eve of talks between major powers on Syria in Munich, said the United States and Russia must exert pressure on all sides in the conflict to secure a ceasefire. Asked about Saudi Arabia's offer last week to supply ground troops if a U.S.-led operation were mounted against Islamic State, he said: "This is bad as a ground offensive usually turns the war into a permanent one.

    Reuters
  • The Jump: The 11 Stars Forced To Withdraw After Suffering Serious Injuries (12 photos)

    Earlier this week it was called for ITV show The Jump to be cancelled due to the sheer amount of injuries that seem to occur. In fact, in this series alone four celebs have been forced to withdraw from the competition after hurting themselves in training, and we can reveal that they’re not the only ones to meet this fate.

    Stephanie Soteriou
  • To the Midwife Who Said It Doesn’t Matter If My Son ‘Isn’t Perfect’

    I believe perfection is in the eye of the beholder.

    The Mighty
  • 'CBB' Stephanie And Jeremy In Blazing Post-Show Row

    ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ lovebirds Stephanie Davis and Jeremy McConnell Cooke became embroiled in a blazing row, just hours after they were reunited on Friday (5 February) night’s final.

    Huffington Post q
  • Woman Keeps McDonald’s Happy Meal Untouched For Six Years – And This Is The Shocking Result

    A mum claims to have conducted an experiment where she kept a McDonald’s Happy Meal for SIX years – just to see if it would decompose. 

    Anthony Pearce's Blog
  • Decades-Old Star Wars Mystery Finally Solved

    One of the longest-running ‘Star Wars’ mysteries has finally been solved by a doggedly determined fan. Despite being one of the most overanalysed movies of the 20th century, fans have long wondered who played BoShek the cantina patron who sends Obi-Wan and Luke in the direction of Han Solo when they arrive in Mos Eisley looking for a passage to Alderaan. The character with the sideburns and distinctive flight suit had his own action figure, but no-one at LucasFilm archives has ever been able to confirm the identity of the actor who played him, as his name doesn’t appear in the film’s closing credits.

    Tom Butler
  • Woman Catcalled in NYC While Bundled Up in Parka and Boots is Now Getting Harassed Online

    On her morning subway commute in New York City, a man catcalled Christen Brandt as she walked by, telling her she has "nice legs" despite being bundled in a puffy parka and tall boots. But the harassment didn't end there. After sharing her story in a viral Facebook post – with almost 188,000 likes and over 98,000 shares – Brandt, 27, started getting hundreds of comments there and on Instagram, some positive, but many others explicit and offensive. So she set up a Tumblr, ChristensInbox.com, to chronicle all of their comments – both good and bad. ...

    People
  • Escape from Isis: Raqqa family who fled say 'paradise' city is now 'asphalt'

    A family of 12 Syrian refugees have escaped the heartland of Islamic State (Isis) terror in Raqqa to the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon to tell of their life under the oppressive regime and of a city devastated by air strikes. Ibrahim, 48, and his wife Turkiye, 45, told IBTimes UK they had escaped the de-facto IS (Daesh) capital in Syria 10 days ago (30 January) with their 10 children. Turkiye said the family had then walked the majority of their 300 kilometre (186 mile) journey from Raqqa to the border with Lebanon under the cover of darkness, before crossing illegally over the Syrian frontier.

    International Business Times
  • North Korean satellite nonfunctional and ‘tumbling in orbit’ following weekend launch

    North Korea is dealing with an international fallout following the country’s weekend launch of a satellite-carrying rocket. The country reportedly launched a rocket and successfully deployed the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-4 satellite in orbit, reports CNN. According to U.S. Department of Defense officials who were monitoring the launch, the satellite reached its orbit, but is tumbling and nonfunctional. The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) launched its Kwangmyŏngsŏng-4 satellite on Sunday despite objections internationally that the deployment violates earlier agreements prohibiting missile testing. Officials from concerned countries believe the rocket launches could be a front being used by North Korea to test and develop intercontinental ballistic missile technology. North Korean officials claim the launch was for “peaceful purposes” with officials asserting the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-4 satellite is an “earth observation satellite” that can be used to monitor agriculture. North Korean celebrated the launch with an official fireworks display in the capital city, Pyongyang. “We hope that the future of our space technology keeps growing and shines like these fireworks in the sky,” said an announcer during the state-sponsored broadcast. Related: Dramatic SpaceX video shows Falcon 9 rocket land, topple over, and explode South Korean officials claim to have found more than 170 pieces of debris thought to be from the North Korean rocket. Unlike previous rocket launches that produced debris suitable for further examination, North Korea is believed to have included a self-destruct feature that exploded the rocket booster to prevent other countries from studying their current technology. The Kwangmyŏngsŏng-4 satellite is not the first North Korean satellite to reach orbit and then fail. The nation launched the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3 Unit 2 satellite in December of 2012 and reportedly achieved orbit, making North Korea the 10th country capable of deploying satellites using its launch vehicles. Despite North Korea claims that the satellite was deployed and functioning as planned, U.S. officials reported the satellite was “tumbling out of control.” Visual data obtained by Spain, Italy, and the U.K..also suggested the satellite was tumbling as it orbited the Earth. Unlike this most recent launch, fragments of the rocket used to deploy the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3 Unit 2 were collected in 2012 and examined by South Korean missile experts. Their examination suggests the North Korean engineers relied on old technology from the 1960s and 1970s for their rocket design. Also watch: Raimond de Hullu’s vision for Oas1s green buildings Please enable Javascript to watch this video

    Digital Trends
  • Photographer merges 138-year-old lens with modern camera

    A video showing how the world looks today through a 136-year-old lens created by Paris-based cinematographer Mathieu Stern has been making waves online. In the video, Stern shows the viewer how to mount the large-format, 1880-produced camera lens on a contemporary camera and the effect it creates on the people and the landscape around it. The lens lends Paris and the model captured in his video a sort of dream-like quality because of the soft-focus element produced by the lens. Stern said that he chose this particular lens because he wanted to see if the old and new would work well together. The video is part of a series for the Weird Lens Challenge, wherein Stern puts old camera lenses on to modern-day camera equipment and tests how the camera works. This video is the sixth in the series. You can view more at his website.

    International Business Times