- CelebrityYahoo Lifestyle
Clarence House was previously in charge of handling any mail sent for the Sussexes. But that will soon change.
- NewsYahoo News UK
One in seven areas of the UK have seen a weekly rise in COVID cases, the latest government data reveals.
- SportPA Media: Sport
Hamilton signed a one-year extension to his Mercedes contract last month.
- CelebrityThe Daily Beast
DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS / Getty ImagesPrince Harry and Meghan Markle are being urged by some commentators in the U.K. to ask CBS to postpone the airing of its Oprah Winfrey interview, in which they are expected to mount a stinging attack on the royal family, as concern mounts over Prince Philip’s prospects of beating an infection.Prince Harry Tells Oprah He Left the Royals Because He Feared Meghan Markle Would Suffer Like Princess Diana Philip, 99, was moved to a specialist heart hospital on Monday and royal sources have been quoted by British newspapers saying the family is “pretty appalled” at the idea of the interview, which Oprah has said sees Meghan saying “pretty shocking things” being broadcast while Philip is so unwell.Penny Junor, author of Prince Harry, Brother, Soldier, Son, told The Daily Beast that airing the interview while Prince Philip was undergoing very public health travails risked making the interview look inappropriate, saying: “Anything could hijack this interview. Philip is ill. He is 99 and could die at any time. They were not to know he would get ill, but it could be seen to be the wrong time. But I doubt it is in their gift to postpone the interview. The control is in the hands of CBS and Oprah.”Robert Lacey, historical consultant for The Crown and author of the definitive royal biography Majesty, told The Daily Beast: “I think it would be a marvelous turnaround for Harry’s image if he took the brave step of canceling the whole thing this weekend—or, if that’s not practical, postponing it at least.”Royal commentator and former editor of Who’s Who Richard Fitzwilliams said it would “surely be appropriate” to postpone the interview.He told MailOnline: “Oprah is their friend and neighbor and would undoubtedly comply if asked and the gesture would I am sure be appreciated by the royal family. If an interview has been extended, as this recently has, it can also be postponed, as this undoubtedly should be.” Royal biographer Robert Jobson told the Mail: “With the Duke of Edinburgh clearly very unwell, the fact that the couple plan to go ahead with airing their self-indulgent, no-holds-barred interview with chat show queen Oprah Winfrey makes them appear heartless, thoughtless, and supremely selfish.“For U.S. broadcast network CBS, this interview is a coup, all about securing big viewing figures and big advert sales around the airing of their exclusive interview. So even if they wanted to Harry and Meghan probably couldn’t dictate terms to Oprah Winfrey and the network now. Too much has been invested.”A TV industry insider told the Mirror: “CBS has sold millions of dollars worth of advertising around the interview, but bosses are aware of the delicacy of the Duke’s heath. They have no loyalty to the royal family, although some feel as though they do to Harry and Meghan. For it to run if Philip’s condition worsened would be like setting off a diplomatic bomb. It would be grossly insensitive and hugely disrespectful.”Read more at The Daily Beast.Get our top stories in your inbox every day. Sign up now!Daily Beast Membership: Beast Inside goes deeper on the stories that matter to you. Learn more.
- NewsThe Telegraph
Mail on Sunday to appeal Meghan decision, claiming judge failed to heed Boris Johnson love child privacy ruling
The Mail on Sunday has sought permission to appeal the Duchess of Sussex’s privacy ruling, arguing that the judge failed to heed a precedent set in a case involving Boris Johnson’s love child. The newspaper accused Lord Justice Warby of prioritising the Duchess’s right to privacy over the right to freedom of expression as it listed ten reasons why she should not have won the legal action. It claimed the judge was wrong to rule last month that the publication of extracts of a private letter the Duchess sent to her father, Thomas Markle, 76, was "manifestly excessive" and unlawful, arguing that the evidence, including witness testimony from four senior Buckingham Palace aides, could only be fully examined at a full trial. The Duchess sued Associated Newspapers for breach of privacy and copyright and a breach of the Data Protection Act relating to the publication of five articles - two on MailOnline and three in The Mail on Sunday - in February 2019. Despite being advised against it, her strategy to pursue legal action was vindicated as she successfully applied for summary judgment, a legal step that saw the bulk of the case resolved in her favour without trial, prompting her to claim a victory over "moral exploitation". At a remote hearing on Tuesday, Lord Justice Warby heard further arguments on “the next steps” in the legal action, noting wryly: “Everything seems to be in dispute.”
India will go into the fourth and final test against a spin-scarred England on Thursday needing only a draw to win the series, which will also seal their spot in the June final of the inaugural World Test Championship against New Zealand. England made a bright start to the four-test series, stunning India with a 227-run victory in the opener in Chennai but then faltered as the hosts regrouped and took a 2-1 lead with comprehensive wins in the second and third matches. Virat Kohli's men completed an extraordinary 10-wicket win against England inside two days in the day-night third test in Ahmedabad with spinners from both sides running riot on a helpful surface at the world's largest cricket stadium.