- CelebrityThe Telegraph
The Duchess of Cambridge and Duchess of Sussex had a “row” over whether the young bridesmaids at the royal wedding should wear tights, it has been claimed, as Tatler magazine publishes a profile of “Catherine the Great”. The society magazine, which claims to have spoken to numerous friends of the Duchess of Cambridge, has described an “incident” ahead of the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, in which the Duchess of Cambridge is said to have been left in tears. "Then there was an incident at the wedding rehearsal,” a source named only as a ‘friend’ told the magazine. “It was a hot day and apparently there was a row over whether the bridesmaids should wear tights or not. “Kate, following protocol, felt that they should. Meghan didn't want them to.” Photographs from the 2018 Sussex wedding, (below, top) appear to show the bridesmaids with bare legs, while those from the Cambridge wedding in 2011 (below, bottom) show even the youngest members of the party wearing tights.
- NewsThe Guardian
We can't trust this lying government to steer us through the coronavirus crisisAnger over Dominic Cummings changes nothing. We must now focus on unseating this dishonest, disastrous administration * See all our coronavirus coverage * Coronavirus – latest updates
Video Huge Cargo Ship Loses Dozens of Containers in Rough Sea Conditions off East Coast of Australia
The APL England, a ship with the capacity to carry over 5,000 shipping containers, lost 40 containers in rough seas off the east coast of Australia on Monday, May 25, according to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.“An additional 74 containers are damaged and collapsed on the deck of the ship, while a further six containers are reported to be protruding from starboard side and three containers from the port side of the ship,” said the authority in a Facebook post.The Singapore-flagged vessel was travelling from China and was en route to Melbourne. It returned to dock at the Port of Brisbane following the incident. Credit: Australian Maritime Safety Authority via Storyful
Good Morning Britain revealed that Dr Hilary Jones has been replaced by Dr Mark Porter while the show's resident medical advisor was taking a week-long break with co-stars Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid. The breakfast series tweeted an introduction to Mark, who is an NHS GP, on Twitter, writing: "While @DrHilaryJones is away, @drmarkporter is here to answer your coronavirus questions." Loading the player...WATCH: Dr Mark Porter will be filling in on GMBDuring his appearance on the show, Mark chatted to viewers who had questions about lockdown, including whether they can socially distance in a family member's garden, and when a person at high risk of contracting COVID-19 might be able to go back to work. Fans were enjoying Dr Mark's appearance via FaceTime on the show, with one writing: "Thank you @drmarkporter for answering question on @GMB to the best of current knowledge about those who are shielding. I’m 14yrs post-transplant & feel like we have been forgotten." Another added: "Nicely done!" READ: Piers Morgan stuns fans with rare photo of his incredibly youthful dadDr Mark was on hand on Tuesday's episodePiers previously opened up about taking a half-term holiday, saying: "We're going to have half term off next week, even though of course there is no half term, but also it's been a long-haul hasn't it? [...] It's weird to have half term off when there's no half term. We're sort of having half term off from this [situation]. Everyone needs a bit of time out to think about all of this." He also joked that he might not be able to return to the studio, adding: "Today could be our last day. You never know do you, these days?" Susanna was quick to remind Piers of their fortunate situation as he pointed out that they would be spending their break in lockdown, stating: "Well, I'm sorry but people will play the world's smallest violin." READ: Ben Shephard worked below minimum wage job ahead of television career
- NewsThe Independent
Boris Johnson is facing a major revolt from within his own party as backbench Tory MPs line up to condemn the prime minister for failing to fire Dominic Cummings over his 260-mile journey from London to Durham.The backlash continues to rage – not only over Mr Cummings’ trip during lockdown – but over Mr Johnson’s claim his chief adviser acted “responsibly”. More than a dozen Conservative MPs have now expressed their outrage and called for the strategist to be sacked.